Hillsborough County Offices and Facilities to Close for Thanksgiving
Hillsborough County, Fla. (Nov. 23, 2020) - Hillsborough County offices and facilities will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 26, and Friday, Nov. 27, in observance of the Thanksgiving holiday.
There is no collection of garbage, recyclables, or yard waste on Thanksgiving Day, and all disposal sites will be closed. For customers whose collection day falls on Thursday, normal service will resume on the next scheduled day for pickup of those items.
All conservation parks will be closed on Thanksgiving Day. These parks will be open Friday.
All COVID-19 coronavirus public testing sites will be closed on Thanksgiving Day. Hillsborough County urges residents to protect themselves and others from COVID-19 as they observe the holiday. Wear face coverings when around others in public. Practice social distancing. Wash hands, use hand sanitizer, and don't touch your face. Limit gatherings to no more than 10 people.
CLOSED - Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 26, and Friday, Nov. 27
- The administrative offices of County government
- Hillsborough County's Customer Service Center at (813) 272-5900
- All libraries in the Hillsborough County Public Library Cooperative
- All County recreation centers. Skate parks are closed on Thanksgiving Day.
- The Pet Resource Center. A limited number of Animal Safety and Enforcement officers will be on call for emergencies only. The emergency telephone number is (813) 744-5660.
- The Center for Development Services
- The Sunshine Line transportation service
- Public Utilities customer service centers. Emergency calls regarding County water and wastewater service may be made to (813) 744-5600.
OPEN - Friday, Nov. 27
- All conservation parks. Some recreational facilities within these areas remain closed in accordance with current County operational restrictions due to COVID-19. For a complete list, visit the "Current Closures & Reopenings" link at HCFLGov.net/StaySafe.
- All skate parks
- Hillsborough County solid waste collection services will resume as usual. Also, the Southeast County Landfill, Northwest and South County transfer stations, Resource Recovery Facility, community collection centers, and yard waste processing facilities will reopen with a normal schedule.
COVID-19 Public Testing Locations
The long Thanksgiving holiday will impact schedules throughout the week at COVID-19 public testing locations. For more information, as well as links to other testing options, go to HCFLGov.net/COVIDTesting.
Hillsborough County's COVID-19 Coronavirus Testing and Information Line, (888) 513-6321, will remain open 24/7 for general questions related to COVID-19.