Move! Hillsborough Aims to Help Residents Get Healthy Through Exercise
Hillsborough County, Fla. (April 1, 2021) -Hillsborough County is encouraging people to be active by getting on their feet and participating in the Move! Hillsborough program.
The program, which starts today and runs through July 31, motivates residents to get moving by offering prizes for achieving exercise milestones.
Participants register for free and log miles to show how they are moving through Hillsborough County. Choose your favorite way to get around, be it walking, running, biking, kayaking, skipping, or rollerblading. Any type of movement counts; for instance, a Zumba class or other workout can be converted to miles. Keep track of where you go and how many miles you log from now until July 31.
Participants earn a prize at each milestone of 100, 300, and 500 miles: a keychain for 100 miles, bandana for 300 miles, and T-shirt for 500 miles.
Not sure where to move around Hillsborough County? Here are some great Hillsborough County parks to get you up and moving.
To pick up your prize, fill out the online completion form and bring your printed or digital confirmation email to one of the following locations to pick up your prize:
- All Peoples Life Center, 6105 E. Sligh Ave., Tampa, FL 33617. Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 9 p.m.; Saturday, 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Apollo Beach Recreation Center, 664 Golf & Sea Blvd., Apollo Beach, FL 33572. Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 9 p.m., Saturday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Bell Creek Nature Preserve, 10940 McMullen Road, Riverview, FL 33569. Administrative Office, Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Carrollwood Village Park, 4680 W. Village Drive, Tampa, FL 33624. Monday - Sunday, sunrise to 9 p.m.
- Westchase Recreation Center, 9791 Westchase Drive, Tampa, FL 33626. Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 9 p.m.; Saturday, 7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.