Hillsborough Mosquito Management Spraying by Air the Evening of Thursday, June 10
Hillsborough County, Fla. (June 9, 2021) -- Hillsborough County Mosquito Management will conduct aerial applications of Anvil 10+10 to control adult mosquitoes on Thursday, June 10, between 8:30 p.m. and 6:30 a.m. at the following locations:
Upper Tampa Bay Park
North Boundary: West Hillsborough Avenue
South Boundary: Old Tampa Bay (body of water)
East Boundary: Veterans Expressway
West Boundary: Racetrack Road
North Boundary: West Gandy Boulevard
South Boundary: MacDill Air Force Base
East Boundary: Hillsborough Bay (body of water)
West Boundary: Picnic Island
North Boundary: Riverview Drive
South Boundary: Big Bend Road
East Boundary: I-75
West Boundary: Tampa Bay (body of water)
North Boundary: Big Bend Road
South Boundary: East College Avenue
East Boundary: US 41
West Boundary: Tampa Bay
The mission will be flown by a twin-engine airplane at an altitude of 300 feet.
First alternate spray date: June 11, 2021
Second alternate spray date: June 12, 2021
For more information on this spraying, contact Hillsborough County Mosquito Management at (813) 635-5400.
Stop Mosquitoes from Living and Multiplying Around Your Home
Residents may have standing water around their homes that can support the breeding of mosquitoes. Follow these tips from the Florida Department of Health to help prevent mosquito breeding:
- Drain water from garbage cans, house gutters, pool covers, coolers, toys, flower pots, buckets, watering cans, kiddie pools, and any other container where rainwater has collected.
- Discard old tires, drums, bottles, cans, pots and pans, broken appliances, and other items that may collect water.
- Clean out rain gutters and downspouts regularly.
- Empty and clean birdbaths and pet water bowls at least once or twice a week.
- Protect boats and vehicles from rain with tarps that do not accumulate water.
- Keep swimming pools in good condition, and maintain chlorination.
Learn more about Hillsborough County Mosquito Management, as well as tips to prevent and reduce mosquitoes.