Hillsborough County Offices, Most Facilities to Close for Labor Day
Hillsborough County, Fla. (Sept. 1, 2021) - Hillsborough County offices and most facilities will be closed Monday, Sept. 6, in observance of Labor Day.
There will be no solid waste collection (including garbage, recyclables, and yard waste) in the unincorporated Hillsborough County Service Area, which also includes Tampa Palms, Hunter's Green, and New Tampa. For customers whose collection day falls on Monday, normal service will resume on the next scheduled day for pickup of those items.
Hillsborough County's two COVID-19 coronavirus public testing sites will be open on Labor Day. The Palm River Park Community Center, 725 S. 58th St., Tampa, FL, 33619, and the Code Enforcement Complex, 1101 E. 139th Ave., Tampa, FL, 33613, are open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tests are free, and no appointments are necessary. Bring a photo identification, such as a driver's license, state-issued identification, or passport, and a medical insurance card. If you do not have medical insurance, you are still eligible to be tested for free. For more information, visit HCFLGOV.net/StaySafe.
CLOSED on Labor Day, Sept. 6
- The administrative offices of County government
- Hillsborough County's Customer Service Center at (813) 272-5900
- The Southeast County Landfill, Northwest and South County transfer stations, Resource Recovery Facility, community collection centers, and yard waste processing facilities
- All libraries in the Hillsborough County Public Library Cooperative
- Hillsborough County Parks & Recreation recreational centers will be closed, including the programs offered at the facilities.
- The Michael S. Merrill Pet Resource Center
- A limited number of Animal Safety and Enforcement officers will be on call for emergencies only. Submit a request via the Animal Request button at HCFLGov.net/AtYourService.
- The Center for Development Services
- The Sunshine Line transportation service
- The Public Utilities Department customer service centers in Northdale and Brandon. Emergency calls regarding County water and wastewater service may be made to (813) 744-5600.
- The Emergency Rental Assistance Program call center will be closed on Friday, Sept. 3 and Monday, Sept. 6
OPEN on Labor Day, Sept. 6
- All parks, including dog parks, skate parks, conservation parks, nature preserves, trails, splash pads, and boat ramps