Project at North Valrico Road and Front Street in Brandon will Improve Safety, Add Capacity
Hillsborough County, Fla. (Nov. 10, 2021) - The Brandon intersection of North Valrico Road and Front Street will be redesigned to add capacity and improve safety.
Hillsborough County is designing the project to comply with Vision Zero safety principles and to improve capacity. An operational analysis was completed for this intersection, and it was determined that the installation of a signal would alleviate a dangerous condition for automobiles entering Valrico Road from Front Street. This project also will improve capacity through the addition of turn lanes.
The $4.3 million intersection improvement project will include the following upgrades:
- Installing northbound and southbound left-turn lanes
- Adding a traffic signal with mast arms and pedestrian signals
- Installing and improving sidewalks for pedestrian connectivity
- Adding curb and gutter improvements and relocating water and sewer utilities
- Improve the vertical profile of Front Street and the CSX railroad crossing
Construction is expected to begin in early 2022 and be complete in late 2022.
Public Engagement Opportunity
The County will conduct a virtual engagement using The Hillsborough Engagement Hub to collect feedback from the public. Public comment for this project is open between Thursday, Nov. 11 and Wednesday, Nov. 24. Visit HCFLGov.net/HCEngage to participate.
Questions in English or Spanish about the virtual public engagement for this project may be directed to the Customer Service Center at (813) 635-5400.