Hillsborough County Offices and Most Facilities to Close for Martin Luther King Jr. Day
Hillsborough County, Fla. (Jan. 12, 2022) Most Hillsborough County offices and facilities will be closed on Monday, Jan. 17, in observance of the Martin Luther King Jr. Day federal holiday.
Hillsborough County COVID-19 Resources Sites:
All three Hillsborough County sites will be open.
- The West Tampa Community Resource Center, 2103 N. Rome Ave., Tampa, FL 33607, will be open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The walk-up site offers free COVID-19 testing, Pfizer vaccinations, Pfizer booster shots for those who qualify, and antibody therapy treatment. No appointments are necessary for testing and vaccinations. However, appointments are necessary for antibody therapy treatment. Visit PatientPortalFL.com to make an appointment.
- Progress Village Park, 8701 Progress Blvd., Tampa, FL 33619, will be open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. This is a walk-up COVID-19 testing site. No appointments are necessary.
- Hillsborough Community College Brandon campus, 10451 Nancy Watkins Dr., Tampa, FL 33619, will be open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. This is a drive-thru COVID-19 testing site. No appointments are necessary. The entrance for the Hillsborough Community College Brandon campus COVID-19 testing site is off East Columbus Drive.
- Visit HCFLGov.net/COVID19 for more information on all three County sites and additional information on COVID-19 resources.
CLOSED on Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Jan. 17:
- There will be no garbage, recycling, and yard waste collections in the unincorporated Hillsborough County Solid Waste Service Area, which includes Tampa Palms, Hunter's Green, and New Tampa.
- Disposal sites (community collection centers, yard and wood waste processing facilities, transfer stations, the Resource Recovery Facility, and Southeast County Landfill) will be closed.
- All other Hillsborough County offices and facilities will be closed.
- All libraries in the Hillsborough County Public Library Cooperative will be closed.
- The Hillsborough County Pet Resource Center will be closed.
- Hillsborough County's Customer Service Center at (813) 272-5900 will be closed.
- Emergency calls regarding County water and wastewater service may be directed to (813) 744-5600.
- A limited number of Animal Safety and Enforcement officers will be on call for emergencies only. Submit a request via the Animal Request button at HCFLGov.net/AtYourService.
OPEN on Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Jan. 17:
- All conservation parks will be open.
- Skate parks, dog parks, and splash pads will be open.
- The Emergency Rental Assistance Program Call Center at (866) 375-9114 will be open.