County Helps Students Achieve Higher Education Goals with CAB Scholarships
Hillsborough County, Fla. (Jan. 14, 2022) - Every year, Hillsborough County students aiming for a higher education have an opportunity to ease their financial burden with a Community Action Board Scholarship worth up to $5,000, and this year that money might be more important than ever.
Now two years into a pandemic that has disproportionately impacted the students that this scholarship serves, this scholarship could have its biggest impact yet.
The Hillsborough County Community Action Board Scholarships are available to eligible Hillsborough County students wishing to continue their post-secondary education. The scholarships can be used at trade schools, community colleges, or four-year universities. The scholarships are awarded to students to help alleviate some of the financial burden of tuition, so they can focus on furthering their education, not bills.
All applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for a 2022 Community Action Board Scholarship:
- Applicants must be between 16 and 24 years old, and have a high school diploma or GED equivalent (16-year-olds may apply if they are a graduating senior)
- The applicant must have a minimum GPA of 2.0
- Applicants must reside in Hillsborough County
- The applicant's household income must fall within 200 percent of the Federal Poverty Guidelines of the Community Services Block Grant (CSBG)
- Students seeking a master's degree or a second bachelor's degree do not qualify
- Eligibility guidelines are subject to change based on grant requirements
Applications are due by March 18, 2022. It is highly recommended that applicants read through the full 2022 Community Action Board Scholarship Application Package before applying online, to ensure all documents are complete and requirements are met. A full list of required documents can be found in the application package.
Students can apply online once all information and documents have been collected. For questions about online applications or missing information, please call (813) 272-5074 ext. 55316.