Coming Soon to the Woods Near You: Audio Tours
Hillsborough County, Fla. (May 27, 2022) - Residents can now take a guided tour of select Hillsborough County preserves and conservation parks, courtesy of their cellphone.
Hillsborough County Conservation & Environmental Lands Management has created audio tours for 14 of the County's most popular preserves and conservation parks. The Hillsborough FL Nature Tours app outlines each park's popular features and amenities and describes the flora, fauna, and points of interest specific to each property.
The app includes maps of the conservation parks and preserves and uses GPS to show visitors their current location. As a person approaches a specific area, the app brings up photos and an audio tour describing nearby features and amenities. At Lettuce Lake Conservation Park, for example, the app includes photos and information from eight points of interest within the park, providing visitors details about everything from alligators and the park's observation tower to roseate spoonbills and the ancient cypress trees throughout the park.
Residents have three ways they can use the audio tours: Download the app and listen at each stop, use the QR code provided on signs at each stop, or go to the drop-down menu in the app for photos and text. The last example is particularly useful for those who are deaf or hearing-impaired. The app is available for free through app stores.
The 14 conservation parks and preserves with audio tours include the following:
- Alderman's Ford Conservation Park
- Alafia River Corridor South Nature Preserve
- Apollo Beach Nature Preserve
- Bahia Beach Nature Preserve
- Bell Creek Nature Preserve
- Blackwater Creek Nature Preserve
- Edward Medard Conservation Park
- Golden Aster Scrub Nature Preserve
- Lake Frances Nature Preserve
- Lake Park Conservation Park
- Lettuce Lake Conservation Park
- Lower Green Swamp Nature Preserve
- Triple Creek Nature Preserve
- Upper Tampa Bay Conservation Park