Hillsborough County Offices and Facilities to Close July 4 for Independence Day Observance
Hillsborough County, Fla. (June 29, 2022) - Most Hillsborough County offices and facilities will be closed on Monday, July 4, in observance of the Independence Day holiday.
There will be no collection of garbage, recycling, and yard waste on Monday in the unincorporated Hillsborough County Solid Waste Service Area. The service area includes Tampa Palms, Hunter's Green, and New Tampa. All disposal facilities will be closed in observance of the holiday.
CLOSED on Monday, July 4:
- Administrative offices of County government
- Southeast County Landfill, Northwest and South County transfer stations, Resource Recovery Facility, Community Collection Centers, and yard waste processing facilities
- Hillsborough County's Customer Service Center at (813) 272-5900
- All branches of the Hillsborough County Public Library Cooperative/li>
- Parks & Recreation summer camps and recreation centers
- Hillsborough County Pet Resource Center. A limited number of Animal Safety and Enforcement officers will be on call for emergencies. Submit a request via the Animal Request button at HCFLGov.net/AtYourService.
- Sunshine Line transportation service
- Public Utilities customer service centers. Emergency calls regarding County water and wastewater service may be made to (813) 744-5600.
- The Center for Development Services
- The Emergency Rental Assistance Program call center at (866) 375-9114
OPEN on Monday, July 4:
- Dog parks, skate parks, nature preserves, trails, boat ramps, and conservation parks, including Veterans Memorial Park