All Offices and Facilities Closed on Thursday; Select Facilities Will Remain Closed for Veterans Day
Hillsborough County, Fla. (Nov. 9, 2022) - All Hillsborough County offices and facilities will be closed Thursday, Nov. 10, for the safety of staff and the public, and to allow staff to focus on the emergency response to Tropical Storm Nicole.
The closure includes all County libraries, parks, preserves, and recreation centers. All County public meetings have also been postponed. The Greenways Open House scheduled for 6 p.m. on Thursday will be rescheduled for a later date.
Solid Waste Facilities Closed Thursday, Reopening Friday
Hillsborough County Solid Waste facilities will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 10, and there will be no curbside collection due to Tropical Storm Nicole.
Collection of garbage, recyclables, and yard waste will resume on Friday, Nov. 11, Veterans Day, in the unincorporated Hillsborough County Solid Waste service area, which includes Tampa Palms, Hunter's Green, and New Tampa. All disposal facilities will also reopen on Friday, including the Southeast County Landfill, Northwest and South County transfer stations, Resource Recovery Facility, community collection centers, yard waste processing facilities, and residential debris drop-off sites.
Residents are encouraged to dispose of yard waste already at the curb by disposing of what they can in their regular garbage cart. Residents also have the option to dispose of yard waste at the storm debris drop off sites which will remain open through 5 p.m. today. For more information, visit HCFLGov.net/SolidWaste or HCFLGov.net/StormDebris.
Veterans Day Closures and Reopenings on Nov. 11
Hillsborough County offices and most facilities will continue to be closed on Friday, Nov. 11, in observance of Veterans Day. All parks, including dog parks, skate parks, nature preserves, trails, splash pads, and boat ramps are scheduled to reopen.
Closed on Veterans Day, Nov. 11:
- Administrative offices of County government
- Hillsborough County's Customer Service Center at (813) 272-5900
- All libraries in the Hillsborough County Public Library Cooperative
- Hillsborough County Parks & Recreation recreational centers, including the programs offered at the facilities
- Hillsborough County Pet Resource Center. A limited number of Animal Safety and Code Enforcement officers will be on call for emergencies only. Submit a request via the Animal Request button at HCFLGov.net/AtYourService.
- Center for Development Services
- Sunshine Line transportation service
- The Water Resources customer service center in Brandon. Emergency calls regarding County water and wastewater service may be made to (813) 744-5600.
- The Emergency Rental Assistance Program Call Center
Get Connected. Stay Alert.
For more information on Hillsborough County's response to Tropical Storm Nicole, visit HCFLGov.net/StaySafe and sign up for the HCFL Alert system. Additionally, you can follow Hillsborough County on social media at Facebook, Twitter, and Nextdoor for updates.
Residents without digital access are encouraged to call (813) 272-5900, the County's main information line, or visit HCFLGov.net/StaySafe.