County Commissioners Select Ken Hagan as New Board Chair, Appoint Positions on Boards, Councils
Hillsborough County, Fla. (Nov. 22, 2022) - The Hillsborough County Board of County Commissioners (BOCC) today selected Commissioner Ken Hagan as chair and Commissioner Gwendolyn "Gwen" W. Myers as vice chair during its annual organizational meeting. Commissioner Donna Cameron Cepeda will serve as chaplain.
The organizational meeting followed a ceremony this morning in which three returning commissioners and three newly elected commissioners took the oath of office.
Newly elected commissioners include Commissioner Michael Owen, District 4, Commissioner Donna Cameron Cepeda, District 5 Countywide, and Commissioner Joshua Wostal, District 7 Countywide.
Re-elected commissioners include Commissioner Harry Cohen, District 1, Commissioner Ken Hagan, District 2, and Commissioner Gwendolyn "Gwen" W. Myers, District 3.
Commissioner Pat Kemp continues to serve District 6 Countywide.
Chair Hagan, District 2, has served as a commissioner since 2002. This is his sixth term as board chair. Commissioner Hagan has served as the Board of County Commissioners' representative on key economic development boards including Visit Tampa Bay, Tampa/Hillsborough Expressway Authority, and the Tampa Sports Authority, as well as the Florida Association of Counties and the Hospital Authority.
After choosing leadership positions, members of the BOCC selected positions on the various boards, committees, and councils on which they serve.
Some of the positions include:
- Affordable Housing Advisory Board - Gwen Myers
- Arts Council of Hillsborough County - Pat Kemp
- Aviation Authority - Harry Cohen
- Children's Board of Hillsborough County - Gwen Myers
- Environmental Protection Commission - Joshua Wostal and Harry Cohen
- Hillsborough Area Regional Transit Authority - Gwen Myers, Michael Owen, Pat Kemp, and Joshua Wostal
- Hospital Authority - Ken Hagan and Donna Cameron Cepeda
- Juvenile Justice Board - Donna Cameron Cepeda
- Port Authority - Michael Owen
- Tampa Bay Area Regional Transit Authority - Pat Kemp
- Tampa Bay Regional Planning Council - Member, Harry Cohen; alternate, Donna Cameron Cepeda
- Tampa Bay Water Board of Directors - Harry Cohen and Joshua Wostal
- Tampa Hillsborough Economic Development Corp. - Ken Hagan
- Transportation Planning Organization - Harry Cohen, Gwen Myers, Michael Owen, Joshua Wostal, Pat Kemp, alternate Ken Hagan
- Tampa Sports Authority - Ken Hagan