Hillsborough's Community Action Board Scholarships Help Students in Need
Hillsborough County, Fla. (March 8, 2023) - Hillsborough County students striving for a higher education have an opportunity to lessen their financial burden with a Community Action Board Scholarship worth up to $5,000 this spring.
The Hillsborough County Community Action Board Scholarships are available to eligible Hillsborough County students wishing to continue their post-secondary education. The scholarships can be used at trade schools, community colleges, or for university programs. The scholarships are awarded to students to help alleviate some of the financial burden of tuition, so they can focus on furthering their education, not bills.
The scholarships are for the 2023 fall semester.
All applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for a 2023 Community Action Board Scholarship:
- Applicants must be between 16 and 24 years old, and have a high school diploma or GED equivalent (16-year-olds may apply if they are a graduating senior).
- The applicant must have a minimum GPA of 2.0.
- Applicants must reside in Hillsborough County.
- The applicant's household income must fall within 200 percent of the Federal Poverty Guidelines of the Community Services Block Grant (CSBG).
- Students seeking a graduate degree or a second bachelor's degree do not qualify.
- Eligibility guidelines are subject to change based on grant requirements.
Applications are due by Friday, March 24, 2023. It is highly recommended that applicants read through the full 2023 Community Action Board Scholarship Application Package before applying online, to ensure all documents are complete and requirements are met. A full list of required documents can be found in the application package.
Students can apply online once all information and documents have been collected. For questions about online applications or missing information, please call (813) 272-5220.