Things To Know
Posted December 20, 2017 | 4:28 PM
Tips for Scheduling Your Social Services Appointment
- Appointments are scheduled based on availability and funding.
- Appointments at any of the five Social Services Community Resource Centers must be scheduled in advance. To schedule an appointment, call your local Community Resource Center. A list of the five centers is available here.
- Residents do not need to wait until they are facing utility disconnect or eviction to schedule an appointment for Utilities/Energy Assistance. Many utility companies offer a grace period to make a past due payment. Schedule an appointment with Social Services during that grace period or as soon as possible to avoid disconnection or loss of service.
- Before scheduling your appointment, check to make sure that you have the proper paperwork on hand to bring with you.
- Check eligibility guidelines here for Energy Assistance and/or Housing Assistance
Here's what you'll need:
- Verification of gross income for all household members for the last 30 days, such as paycheck stub, employer letter, award letter for public assistance, Social Security income verification, unemployment benefit letter, or pension check stub
- Verification of home energy obligation
- Social Security number verification for each household member
- Picture identification for all adults in the household
- Identification for all other household members
Two items showing verification of Hillsborough County residency:
- Valid driver's license with current address
- Letter of current lease from the landlord of mortgage company
- Hillsborough County voter registration card
- Public utility bill with Hillsborough County address
- Vehicle registration with a Hillsborough County address
- Current public school enrollment in Hillsborough County
- Written verification from another community agency