Plan Your Perfect Wedding at a Hillsborough County Park
Phyllis Gilliam envisioned a beautiful garden for her ideal wedding. She found it at Eureka Springs Park, one of Hillsborough County's many parks and community centers with facilities available for rent.
"I always wanted to get married in a garden," says Phyllis, who exchanged vows with Cedric Gilliam in August 2016. "Eureka Springs is so pretty."
Many of the County's regional parks, neighborhood parks, and recreation centers are popular venues for weddings and receptions. By far the most requests for rentals come in springtime.
Eureka Springs, a former botanical garden, provided a natural backdrop for Phyllis and Cedric's nuptials. Guests released butterflies after the ceremony, and the couple departed in a horse-drawn carriage. In-between, the wedding party rocked a park pavilion reserved for the reception. "We brought that shelter to life," Phyllis says.
A variety of outdoor and indoor venues are available, and rental prices are reasonable.
Here are five popular Hillsborough County facilities for weddings and wedding receptions:
- Eureka Springs Park, 6400 Eureka Springs Road in Tampa, was a privately-owned botanical garden before it became a park in the late 1960s.
- Riverview Civic Center, 11020 Park Drive in Riverview, is a 9-acre community center and park on the south bank of the Alafia River.
- E.G. Simmons Park, 2401 19th Ave. N.W. in Ruskin, is a 258-acre expanse hugging the eastern shoreline of Tampa Bay.
- Alderman's Ford Park, 100 Alderman Ford Park Drive, is a wooded tract featuring a variety of natural ecosystems. The park abuts the North and South prongs of the Alafia River.
- Upper Tampa Bay Park, 8001 Double Branch Road, near Town 'N' Country, has abundant natural and recreational amenities. It is close to the Hillsborough/Pinellas county line.
Shelters, recreation centers, and other park facilities also are available for rent for family reunions, church and company picnics, and other gatherings. Click here for information or call (813) 744-5595.