6 Reasons to Do Business with Hillsborough County
Your minority, women-owned, and small business has a partner to help you fully partake in Hillsborough County procurement opportunities, which include construction, contractual services, professional consulting services, and commodities. Hillsborough County's Disadvantaged Minority/Disadvantaged Women Business Enterprise (DM/DWBE) and Small Business Enterprise (SBE) encouragement programs provide support and services to increase the participation of small and minority businesses in County procurement and contracting activities. These programs are offered to businesses at no cost.
Here are six reasons your business should sign on for DM/DWBE & SBE programs:
- DM/DWBE goals are established for each County construction project valued at $200,000 or more, and capital construction projects valued at less than $500,000 may be set aside for bidding by registered SBE firms only.
- Certified and registered businesses are the first tier of businesses referenced by local government agencies seeking to diversify suppliers as a part of their purchase order and contract opportunities.
- Regional and local government, and even private businesses, use the DM/DWBE & SBE directory to find County-vetted woman- and minority-owned, and small businesses to diversify their vendor pool.
- Special emails and other information are disseminated to vendors who are in the County's database. This information could vary from contract opportunities to special events, networking activities, and technical assistance training.
- Hillsborough County's online system allows vendors the ability to easily register with the County's DM/DWBE & SBE programs, complete an online application for certification/registration, update contact information, look up certified firms, as well as report contract payment information.
- Business owners who need free one-on-one or Spanish-language assistance in completing an application or other program documentation can contact Economic Development at (813) 307-8309 to schedule an appointment.
Current bid opportunities