Posted August 9, 2018 | 1:59 PM
You Know You’re From “The 813” When
Whether you’re a Hillsborough County native or an “8-1-3” transplant, you can probably relate to most (if not all) of these situations:
- You know the staple ingredients for a true Hillsborough County Cuban sandwich include mustard, Swiss, ham, fresh pork, Genoa salami, and pickles on pressed Cuban bread.
- Hearing the cannons roar on game day #ItsABucsLife.
- Spending your weekend with your favorite amphibians, birds, fish, mammals, and reptiles at Zoo Tampa at Lowry Park
- You never knew hiking was a thing in Hillsborough County, until you were introduced to our annual Hiking Spree.
- You know better than to leave the house without a poncho or umbrella on any given summer afternoon between 3 and 4 p.m.
- Wearing flip-flops 365 days of the year is normal.
- You consider the Florida State Fair and the Strawberry Festival holidays in their own right and look forward to Fair Day.
- Explaining to out-of-towners that one isn’t simply a Lightning fan… one must Be the Thunder.
- Your inner pirate comes out once a year for Gasparilla.
- You’ve run, walked, or rollerbladed Bayshore Boulevard in Tampa, the world’s longest continuous sidewalk.
- You consider yourself a foodie and know the best places to entertain out-of-town guests.
- You’re less than an hour from any of the beautiful Bay area beaches.
- And at the end of the day, you live, work, and play in paradise.
Want to show off your 8-1-3 pride? Add the official #813Day filter to your Facebook profile photo and use the #813Day hashtag on Twitter and Instagram! You can also download the official #813Day filter to use on social media.