Posted September 29, 2022 | 9:23 AM
What to do with Sandbags?
Find options for your leftover sandbags
Residents have a few options for sandbags that were used for the latest hurricane activation:
- Hillsborough County recommends residents store sandbags for reuse during possible future storms. Remember hurricane season officially ends Nov. 30. If you have those resources, store them in a dry place to always be prepared.
- Clean sandbags can be stored and reused
- Full sandbags should be stored in a covered location off the ground, where they can dry out and be reused for later in the season
- Allowing the sandbags to dry will help prevent mold
Once hurricane season ends:
- You can spread the unused sand from the bags in your yard
- Residents not wanting to store sandbags for future use can drop off the sandbags at any of the County’s solid waste facilities. Find locations in our Trash & Recycling section.