Posted September 16, 2020 | 9:52 AM
New Pet Guide
How to register, park rules, vaccine info, and more
Got a new furry friend? Check out a few things that Hillsborough County's Pet Resource Center recommends for you and your new pet.
- Register your pet with Hillsborough County. Registering your pet can be done through your local veterinarian or by visiting PRC.
- Make sure you spay and neuter your pet, as well as microchip and vaccinate for rabies. If you need assistance with spay/neuter medical costs, check out the PRC Spay and Neuter Voucher Program that can help income-qualifying residents.
- Be your pet's best friend and have a disaster plan in place to make sure you and your pet are always prepared for any kind of disaster. Check out these tips to help you care for your pets before an emergency arises. Also make sure to have a plan if your pet is ever lost.
- Stay active with your pet by visiting one of the many pet-friendly Hillsborough County Parks where both you and your furry friend can walk or run. Don't forget these tips on how to keep your friend cool during the hot summer days.
- Hungry after all that outside exercise? Grab a bite to eat with your pet at one of the many pet-friendly bars and restaurants throughout Hillsborough County.
Ready to add to your pet family?
Visit Hillsborough County's Pet Resource Center to see if one of the hundreds of dogs and cats available for adoption is the one for you. All pets adopted from Pet Resource Center are spayed/neutered, fully vaccinated, microchipped, and registered with Hillsborough County.