Featured Job: Manager Paratransit Operations
The manager of Paratransit operations is responsible for managing Sunshine Line's door to door transportation operations and the Operation's section personnel. The candidate for this position should have prior experience with transportation program planning, scheduling, dispatching, vehicle maintenance, training, and safety; must be innovative, able to work in a fast pace environment and take a hands on approach to accomplishing goals and objectives; have strong leadership, team development, and interpersonal skills, be a quick learner, able to take ownership and quickly resolve complex issues with positive outcomes; must be able to work effectively with a diverse population and bring the best out of others.
- Manages, plans, and coordinates Sunshine Line door-to- door operations.
- Ensures efficient and effective delivery of door-to- transportation services (Approx. 200,000 trips per year) .
- Assesses resource needs and ensures resources are available to meet service demands; monitors status of allocated funds and controls expenses.
- Analyzes data, implements approved service adjustments to ensure compliance with federal, state and advisory board guidelines.
- Clarifies and resolves day-to-day issues regarding organizational policies, practices, programs and projects.
- Assesses staffing needs and identifies shortfalls; interviews, recruits and hires new staff.
- Manages and provides leadership for the operations staff including supervisors, schedulers/dispatchers, coordinators, and drivers.
- Ensures performance monitoring and evaluations are timely and consistent; conducts counseling and discipline according to current policy.
- Responsible for the driver training (Pre-service, recurring, refresher, and reinforcement training) and safety programs to include adherence to rules, policies and procedures; ensures programs are current according to industry standards.
- Manages the vehicle maintenance and replacement program for a fleet of 60 plus specialized vehicle and ensures the multiple remote parking locations are properly maintained throughout the county.
- Functions as the lead person for emergency evacuations and disaster recovery transportation at the Emergency Operations Center when activated which includes special needs evacuation and dialysis transportation.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Salary: $55,764.80 - $89,232.00/yearApply Now