8 Ways to Make the Most of 2019
Whether your New Year's Resolution is to accomplish a fitness goal, budget better, become a more informed resident, or make memories with a furry forever friend, here's eight ways Hillsborough County can help you hit the ground running:
- Did you know Hillsborough County's six community and recreation centers have fitness centers equipped with dumbbells and barbells, weight machines, and cardio equipment for $10 a month? Discover the many no-cost and inexpensive programs, services, and events available to Hillsborough County residents year-round by bookmarking the Hillsborough County Calendar.
- Get out of your comfort zone and tap into your wild side with Hillsborough County's third annual Hiking Spree happening now through March 31. Whether it's a long walk through rugged terrain, or an easy stroll on a paved walkway, there's a trail for everyone. Register today for the Hiking Spree, and enjoy the splendors of outdoor Hillsborough County.
- Expand your skillset with Lynda.com, a free resource from the Hillsborough County Public Library Cooperative that can help you learn business, software, technology, and creative skills to achieve your 2019 personal and professional goals. Register today for a free Lynda.com overview on Wednesday, Jan. 2 at the Entrepreneur Collaborative Center in Tampa.
- Looking to grow your household by four paws? Finding your paw-fect match has never been easier. With Hillsborough County Pet Resource Center's new ADOPT system, you can now search PRC's kennel inventory for specific pet characteristics such as breed, sex, or age from your computer or mobile device. You can also look up pet information at our shelter by scanning the pet's individual QR code located on their kennel or by visiting HCFLGov.net/PRCLookUp and typing in the kennel number.
- Position yourself for professional success by following Hillsborough County on LinkedIn, where you'll find weekly featured Hillsborough County jobs, economic development news, and no-cost professional development workshops and resources.
- Plan to run your first 5k this year. Prepare for race day with these tips to train safely at one of our scenic Hillsborough County parks.
- Stay informed with the latest Hillsborough County news and updates via Alexa, AppleTV, and Friday 5. From a breakdown of the new County laws to highlights of Hillsborough County's hidden gems, keeping connected has its perks.
- Get serious about your safety by signing up for HCFLAlert, Hillsborough County's official mass notification system for emergencies, severe weather events, and urgent alerts. Already have an HCFLAlert profile? Take a moment to review your profile to update any outdated information.
With 365 opportunities to make the most of the New Year, the sky's the limit to what you set out to achieve. Share your 2019 goals and aspirations with us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter by tagging us and using the hashtag #MyHillsborough.