Help Us Update Hillsborough County's Technical Manuals
Technical manuals outline how roads, utilities, and other infrastructure are built in Hillsborough County. With new needs and ever-changing technology, it is important to revise and update these technical publications.
The County needs professionals in the building and construction industry, specialized trades, development community, and the public to suggest changes that may be considered when updating the manuals.
The comment period for these Hillsborough County Technical Manuals is open through July 15, 2019, as part of the two-year update cycle:
- Public Utilities - Standard Pump Station Drawings
- Public Utilities - Water, Wastewater, and Reclaimed Water Technical Manual
- Public Utilities - Water, Wastewater, and Reclaimed Water Technical Specifications
- Public Works - Standard Specifications for Construction
- Public Works - Stormwater Management Technical Manual
- Public Works - Transportation Technical Manual for Subdivisions and Site Development Projects
- Public Works - Utility Accommodation Guide and Rights of Way Use Procedures Manual
- Public Works - Utility Coordination Procedures for Construction Projects within County Rights of Way
- Technical Publications Update and Revision Procedures
Hillsborough County has adopted a two-year cycle for updating all technical publications on odd-numbered years. Recommendations are evaluated for merit and proposed changes are offered for review and feedback by the industry. All changes are administered and approved under the supervision of the County Engineer and the Director of Public Utilities.
Any comments received after July 15 may not be included in this cycle of updates. In August, proposed manual and specification revisions will be posted and presented in open workshops for discussion with industry and the public. Changes will be reviewed and approved in September. The updated manuals, with the adopted changes incorporated, will be published in October 2019.