Buy 733 Tacos Instead of This...
Does your family drink bottled water? If yes, then you are likely spending more than $880 a year on drinking water. That same $880 could buy you a year's supply of Hillsborough County drinking water AND 733 tacos - enough for some pretty great Taco Tuesdays.
Think it's worth it because the bottled water is "better?"
Actually, that's not quite true. Tap water is routinely tested 100 times or more each month and regulated by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and local health departments. Bottled water is regulated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) which does not require the same rules for testing.
So, instead of wasting $880, tap into your budget and get more for your money.Find a water bottle filling station
If 733 tacos are nacho style, check out some other ideas for the extra $880 in your budget:
- Subscribe to Netflix for seven years and brush up on your Spanish television.
- Drink 196 Pumpkin Spice Lattes this fall while you wait for next Cinco de Mayo.
- See Beyoncé live 3 times. That's great for any holiday.
- Don't like Mexican food? Head to Cracker Barrel and order the entire menu.
- Take a seven-night Caribbean cruise and see Mexico for yourself!
Ready to make a change? Learn more about Hillsborough County's drinking water, and check out our Hydration Stations for quick access to high-quality water on the go.