Posted June 17, 2019 | 1:17 PM
Featured Job: Fire Fighter
- Major Function: Performs fire rescue duties combating, extinguishing, and preventing various types of fires and basic life support emergency medical duties in treating illnesses or injuries.
- Distinguishing Features: Employees in this class perform duties of more than average difficulty requiring reasonable initiative and independent judgment under general supervision.
- Applicants will be competitively rated on the basis of their training and experience.
- Graduation from high school or possession of a GED Certificate; and
- Possession of a valid State of Florida Firefighter's Certificate of Compliance; and
- Possession of a valid State of Florida Emergency Medical Technician certification; and
- Successfully passing the National Testing Network (NTN) administered Candidate Physical Abilities Test (CPAT) through 09/01/2019; and
- Completion of the NTN Fire Team Test through 09/01/2019; and
- Possession of a valid Florida Driver License.
- Additional Requirement: New employees must obtain a State of Florida Paramedic Certification within 3 years of their hire date as a condition of employment.
This position requires FireTEAM testing and a valid CPAT. Please note test scores must be valid at the time of application submittal.