Hillsborough County Invites Residents to Talk Trash
Hillsborough County Solid Waste Management is seeking feedback from residential solid waste customers in the County's unincorporated and New Tampa service areas on how they use their current garbage, recycling, and yard waste services. They also want to know customers' thoughts on potential future service changes under evaluation, including garbage collection frequency and curbside bulk item collections. Customers can choose how they want to participate:
Complete a short customer survey through August 2.Take the Survey!
Meet one-on-one with Solid Waste staff at one of the following community hours events between 4:30 and 7:30 p.m.:
- July 15 - Seffner-Mango Library, 410 N. Kingsway Road in Seffner
- July 17 - New Tampa Library, 10001 Cross Creek Blvd. in Tampa
- July 18 - Jimmie B. Keel Library, 2902 W. Bearss Ave. in Tampa
- July 22 - SouthShore Library, 15816 Beth Shields Way in Ruskin
- July 23 - Town 'N Country Library, 7606 Paula Drive in Tampa
- July 25 - Emanuel P. Johnson Recreation Center, 5855 S. 78th St. in Tampa
The information collected from customers will be used while evaluating private solid waste collection contracts, which are scheduled to be re-bid in late 2019.
More information about Hillsborough County residential solid waste services is available online or by calling (813) 272-5680.
Approximately 290,000 residential customers in unincorporated Hillsborough County and New Tampa receive curbside collection of garbage, recycling, and yard waste through private contractors.