Wash Your Hands and Stop the Spread
Hillsborough County, The City of Tampa, the Department of Health, and our public health and safety agencies are working closely to address any impacts the virus may have on our local community. Practicing basic hygiene at home, in the workplace, and in public can help you and your family from contracting or spreading respiratory illnesses.
Practice proper hand washing
- Use soap and water
- Wash for at least 20 seconds
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer if you cannot wash
Stop the spread
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Cough and sneeze into a tissue and throw it away
- Clean "high-touch" surfaces, like door knobs, frequently
Stay home if you are feeling ill
- If you have any flu-like symptoms, do not go into public
- Avoid sharing personal items and spaces with those close to you
- Seek medical care early if you are feeling sick.
Covid-19 symptoms and testing
For information about symptoms of COVID-19 visit the CDC's Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) - Symptoms page.
Residents that want to be tested should call (813) 272-5900. Insurance is not required. The call center is open Monday through Friday, from 8 AM to 5 PM.
Get Connected. Stay Alert.
For more information on COVID-19, and any other potential emergency in the county visit HCFLGov.net/StaySafe and sign up for the HCFL Alert system. Additionally, you can follow Hillsborough County on social media at Facebook, Twitter, and Nextdoor for updates. For general County information, call (813) 272-5900, the County's main information line.