Temporary Changes to Residential Yard Waste Drop-Off Sites
In response to COVID-19 and in support of Hillsborough County's Safer-at-Home Order,the County has suspended yard waste drop-offs by residential customers at the Falkenburg Road, Northwest County, and South County yard waste disposal sites until further safety procedures are put in place to protect our residents and employees. Residents are not allowed to dispose of yard waste at any County facility at this time. We are working on COVID-19 acceptable solutions to be in place shortly. In the meantime, residents are encouraged to utilize their weekly residential curbside yard waste collection.
Rules for curbside yard waste:
- Use your own cans, boxes, bags or other containers to store your yard waste (grass clippings, leaves, shrubbery, tree trimmings) and place these items at the curbside for collection
- Weekly set-out limit is less than 2 cubic yards (approximately 12 30-gallon containers or bags)
- Each container cannot exceed 50 pounds
- Limbs and branches must be less than 4 feet long and 6 inches in diameter
- Yard waste must be bundled, neatly stacked, or placed in a yard waste container
- Yard waste must be placed within 10 feet of the curb
Find more information about Hillsborough County Solid Waste services online or call (813) 272-5680 for assistance.
Get Connected. Stay Alert.
For more information on COVID-19, and any other potential emergency in the region, visit HCFLGov.net/StaySafe and sign up for the HCFL Alert system. Additionally, you can follow Hillsborough County on social media at Facebook, Twitter, and Nextdoor for updates.