Seniors Stay Active and Engaged While Staying Home
While social distancing and staying Safer-at-Home, it's easy to feel alone and isolated. Seniors can be especially vulnerable to feelings of loneliness, especially when their social interactions are mostly through senior centers and other facilities that are now closed because of COVID-19.
To help ease those feelings and keep older people healthy, Aging Services is offering virtual phone-in wellness sessions so seniors can stay mentally and physically engaged while at home.
Virtual senior wellness sessions are offered twice a week on Tuesday and Thursday in both English and Spanish.
- Sessions in English are from 11:45 - 12:45 p.m.
- Sessions in Spanish are from 1- 2 p.m.
The Call-in Number is: 1-888-585-9008
Conference Room Number is 784132094#
Each session is broken into segments that feature the following topics:
- Health and safety tips with a registered nurse
- Healthy eating tips during stressful times by a registered dietician
- Updates related to COVID-19
- Senior resources and links to stay connected
- Activities focused on the seven dimensions of wellness
- Mindful meditation or laughter is the best medicine for stress
If you can't attend the Aging Services session, there are plenty of resources available.
Visit our Getting Help page and look under the Seniors section for more information.
Get Connected. Stay Alert.
For more information on COVID-19, and any other potential emergency in the region, visit HCFLGov.net/StaySafe and sign up for the HCFL Alert system. Additionally, you can follow Hillsborough County on social media at Facebook, Twitter, and Nextdoor for updates. For general County information, call (813) 272-5900, the County's main information line.