Hillsborough to Begin Reopening Some Conservation Parks, Preserves, Trails
Hillsborough County will open a majority of its nature preserves and the boat ramp at E.G. Simmons Conservation Park on Saturday, May 2. Several conservation parks, along with walking trails at six neighborhood parks, will open on Monday, May 4, to give residents additional options for recreation and exercise.
Residents will be required to follow social distancing guidelines, and portions of the parks will remain closed, including playgrounds, picnic areas, and kayak/canoe facilities.
The boat ramp at E.G. Simmons will reopen at 8 a.m. Saturday along with all Hillsborough County nature preserves (except for Apollo Beach, which remains closed until further notice). Find a complete list of County nature preserves here.
The following conservation parks will reopen at 8 a.m. Monday:
- Flatwoods Conservation Park, 14302 Morris Bridge Road, Thonotosassa, and 18205 Bruce B. Downs Blvd., Tampa
- Morris Bridge Off-Road Biking Area, 12651 Morris Bridge Road, Thonotosassa
- Alderman's Ford Conservation Park, 100 Alderman's Ford Park Drive, Plant City, for hiking and biking only
- Upper Tampa Bay Trail and all parking areas
Walking trails ONLY will open at the following six neighborhood parks at 8 a.m. Monday:
- Jackson Springs Community Center, 8620 Jackson Springs Road, Tampa
- Northdale Community Center, 15550 Spring Pine Drive, Tampa
- Carrollwood Village Community Park, 4680 W. Village Drive, Tampa
- Ruskin Community Center, 901 6th St. SE, Ruskin
- Apollo Beach Community Center, 664 Golf and See Blvd., Apollo Beach
- All People's Life Center, 6105 E. Sligh Ave., Tampa
These parks/preserves are the first to reopen since all County parks and preserves were closed in late March because of the COVID-19 coronavirus. All other parks remain closed.
Get Connected. Stay Alert.
For more information on COVID-19, and any other potential emergency in the county visit HCFLGov.net/StaySafe and sign up for the HCFL Alert system. Additionally, you can follow Hillsborough County on social media at Facebook, Twitter, and Nextdoor for updates. For general County information, call (813) 272-5900, the County's main information line.