COVID-19 Recovery Assistance Available for Small Businesses
Hillsborough County has more than $100 million in financial assistance programs to help reopened local small businesses that were economically damaged by the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic.
Business owners across Hillsborough County (including Tampa, Temple Terrace, and Plant City) may apply for one of three programs:
- Kickstart Small Business - up to $10,000 in working capital; for businesses with up to $3 million in annual revenue
- Back to Work - up to $2,000 per employee in payroll incentives to hire or rehire workers; for businesses with up to $20 million in annual revenue
- Safe at Work Matching - up to $10,000 matching reimbursement for the cost of qualifying workplace improvements directly related to mitigating the spread of COVID-19; for businesses with up to $20 million in annual revenue
There are three phased application periods in order to give a head start to the smallest, most economically vulnerable businesses in the community. Expanded Access applications open July 13 for Hillsborough County small businesses:
- With less than $5 million in annual revenue
- Forced to close by government orders
- Located anywhere in Hillsborough County, including the cities of Tampa, Temple Terrace and Plant City
Subsequent application periods will open approximately every two weeks through July to allow additional groups of businesses access to the programs.
Online information sessions provide an overview of the program options, information on qualifying criteria, details on application periods, resources to assist potential applicants, and a brief question and answer period. Sessions are available in English and Spanish.
Visit the R3 Economic Recovery Financial Assistance page for the latest program details and session registration links.