5 Steps to Submit Your Best R3 Business Assistance Application and Get a Check Faster
Business owners across Hillsborough County (including Tampa, Temple Terrace, and Plant City) may apply for one of three programs offering financial relief to help business owners who are restarting and retooling their businesses due to the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic. Applications will be accepted through Dec. 1, 2020, or until funding is exhausted.
Since an incomplete or error-filled submission will slow down the review and payment process, here are five tips to help submit a successful application the first time:
- Review all the program requirements to decide which program(s) you qualify for and which one best meets your individual business's needs.
- A sole proprietor would not qualify for Back to Work, so Kickstart may be better program choice.
- Businesses with more than $3 million in annual revenue will not qualify for Kickstart.
- Businesses that cannot show a net gain of employees since April 30, 2020, will not qualify for Back to Work.
- Make sure the applicant is an individual listed on the business's current Sunbiz.org profile.
- Ensure the business name is an exact match on the application, tax forms, W-9, Sunbiz, etc.
- Understand whether your business meets the "forced to close" and/or "non-essential business" criteria. If the business wasn't deemed non-essential by a government order, you'll need to demonstrate at least a 25 percent reduction in revenue for April 2020 when compared to April 2019.
- Assemble all the required documents. All applicants for any funding stream will need to submit at least the following:
- Scanned copy of your driver's license
- W-9 form
- Most recent Form 941, if you have employees (from FY20 Q1, or if you didn't file then, FY19 Q4)
- Business tax forms appropriate for your business type:
- Individual (Sole Proprietorship, Single Owner LLC): 2019 Schedule C (Form 1040) OR if no 2019 Schedule C is available, provide 2018 Schedule C (Form 1040)
- Corporation (C-Corp, S-Corp, LLC): 2019 Corporation Income Tax Return (Form 1120 or Form 1120-S OR if no 2019 tax return is available, provide 2018 tax return
- Partnership: 2019 Return of Partnership Income (Form 1065) OR if no 2019 tax return is available, provide 2018 tax retur
- Note: Each program may require additional documents. Review all the requirements in the application portal.
Have application questions? Review the Frequently Asked Questions or call the Hillsborough County Economic Recovery Financial Assistance Support Line at (888) 393-7509 for assistance before you press submit.
Need help deciding which program to apply for? Contact Entrepreneur Services or call (813) 204-9267 to request a no-cost virtual or phone appointment with a professional business consultants.