Take a Hike, and Do It Safely
The annual Hiking Spree is a great way to get outside and stretch your legs, and Hillsborough County has a few tips to help hikers build confidence in their safety in the great outdoors.
Hikers should follow these tips when checking off your trails:
- Take to the trails by yourself or with only a few people.
- Practice social distancing from others on the trail.
- Bring your own filled water bottle.
- Wear a face mask when social distancing isn't possible.
- Bring hand sanitizer to use after touching public surfaces.
- Prepare for the trails properly.
- Adhere to all safety guidelines posted at parks.
Now get outside and Find Your Adventure Here - register today. While you're out there, be sure to take photos and share them on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram with #TakeAHikeHC.