County and City Helping Residents with Past-Due Rent
Hillsborough County and the City of Tampa have received federal funding to assist residents who are unable to pay rent and utilities due to the impacts of the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic. Through this additional funding, the Rapid Response Recovery Emergency Rental Assistance Program was developed.
The application online portal is open for all eligible households. The program aims to prevent recipients from experiencing further financial hardship or additional consequences to living conditions by providing eligible and approved households financial assistance for past-due rent and TECO electric bills.
The County urges residents who need assistance to review the eligibility criteria and requirements before applying. This ensures applications are complete, accurate, and can be quickly reviewed to determine eligibility. If you do not provide all necessary documents or information, your application will not be accepted, and you will not receive financial assistance.
Residents who meet the following criteria are eligible:
- Household income must be at or below 80% Area Median Income (AMI) as reported on 2020 Federal Income Tax filing (IRS form 1040 Adjusted Gross Income)
- Priority access will be given to eligible households at or below 50% AMI or with zero income the 90 days prior to the application date.
- Must have filed a 2020 tax return
- Rent in Hillsborough County, including residents of Tampa, Plant City, and Temple Terrace
- Financially impacted due to the COVID-19 pandemic starting March 13, 2020
- Must have an active lease with past-due payment
- Households seeking electric assistance must have a past-due rental payment and a past-due electric bill with TECO
Full eligibility criteria and documentation requirements, as well as assistance for filing your 2020 taxes, can be found at HCFLGov.net/R3HomeHelp.
If you have any questions about this program, visit HCFLGov.net/R3HomeHelp or call the Emergency Rental Assistance Program Call Center at (866) 375-9114 to speak with a representative. The call center is open from 9 AM until 5 PM Monday through Friday.
Si tiene alguna pregunta sobre este programa, llame al Centro de atención telefónica de ERAP al (866) 375-9114 para hablar con un representante. El centro de llamadas está abierto de 9 AM a 5 PM de lunes a viernes.