Fosters Urgently Needed at PRC
The Hillsborough County Pet Resource Center is running low on available kennel space and is asking residents to help by fostering a dog or cat. Residents can foster a dog for as little as two weeks, freeing up shelter space and giving the shelter helpful information about that pet.
Ready to Foster? Here's a step-by-step list on how to do it:
- Visit PRC's online kennel and find a pet to foster. All the notes on every animal are kept up-to-date so, whether in person or online, adopters can learn everything available about the pet.
- Once an animal is chosen or to request a chance to browse the shelter, visit At Your Service or call (813) 744-5660 to submit a foster request. Make sure to include:
- Potential foster's full name as shown on driver's license or state-issued ID
- Potential foster's contact information including phone number and email address
- The pet ID (this will begin with A and include 7 numbers, i.e. A0000001)
- Upload scan of the potential foster's driver's license
PRC staff will contact the potential foster parent to schedule an appointment to adopt or browse the shelter. Requests to adopt that include all files and a pet ID number will receive priority scheduling.
Can't foster? You can still help!
- Share this information with someone you think would be available to foster.
- Consider volunteering at PRC.