Connect Your Business with More Than $500 Million in Contracting Opportunities
Minority and small business owners and operators are invited to attend a no-cost Doing Business with Hillsborough County workshop to learn how to better access more than $500 million in annual County contracting for goods and services. The workshop is scheduled for Thursday, Nov. 4, 2021, from 9 a.m. to noon at the Lesley "Les" Miller, Jr. All People's Community Park and Life Center, 6105 E. Sligh Ave., Tampa, FL 33617.
Topics at the in-person workshop will include:
- The procurement processes and systems used by Hillsborough County to solicit goods and services
- County programs to support minority- and women-owned and small businesses
- Upcoming major County infrastructure construction projects, including roads, utilities, and buildings
Attendees can expect to:
- Connect with key representatives from the Economic Development, Procurement Services, Capital Projects, and Water Resources departments
- Get assistance to complete onsite registration for the County's iSupplier procurement system
- Find out about the County's new Construction Apprenticeship Program procurement requirement
- Register to start an application for Disadvantaged Minority/ Disadvantaged Women Business Enterprise (DM/DWBE) and Small Business Enterprise (SBE) programs
- Discover free and low-cost small business services available from the Florida SBDC at Hillsborough County and more than 100 Entrepreneur Collaborative Center partners
- Network with other participants representing a large variety of construction-related trades and services
Space is limited. Register here. For more information, call the DM/DWBE and SBE team at (813) 272-6211.