Earn your high school diploma in less than 18 months with Tampa-Hillsborough County Public Library
If you have been dreaming of receiving your high school diploma, this could be the sign you have been looking for. Tampa-Hillsborough County Public Library is seeking candidates for its sought-after Career Online High School. Hillsborough residents can receive their high school diploma in less than 18 months through this accredited online education program focused on career development.
The program offers nine career tracks in high-demand and high-growth fields, including General, Food and Hospitality, Home Care Professional, Office Management, Child Care and Education, Retail Customer Service, Commercial Driving, Security Professional, and Hospitality and Leisure. Students will also receive job preparation support by learning how to put together a competitive resume and cover letter.
The Tampa-Hillsborough County Public Library has made it very simple to get started. First, candidates must meet the following program requirements:
- Be 19 years or older
- Reside in Hillsborough County
- Have a library card
- Be able to dedicate 8 hours per week to complete online coursework
- Have computer access (Students can use the computers at any library location.)
Candidates who meet the program requirements may follow these steps to get started:
- Complete the online self-assessment to determine if this program meets your educational and career needs.
- If you qualify based on the assessment, you will be sent a link to use your library card to enroll and complete a prerequisite course in two weeks or less.
- A library staff member will contact you to schedule an interview date and discuss your application into the program.
The window to apply for a scholarship closes May 2022 or once all scholarships have been handed out. Find out about the program.