Construct the Future You Want During National Small Business Week
Whether you are just starting out or an experienced entrepreneur, there are practical skills you need to build a business, manage cash flow, and get customers. Hillsborough County has many programs to help connect businesses with the financial, technical, and infrastructure resources that build a strong foundation for the future.
During National Small Business Week, invest in your business success by attending these key events.
National Small Business Week Virtual Summit
Hosted by the U.S. Small Business Administration and SCORE
- Monday, May 2, 2022, to Thursday, May 5, 2022
- Access critical federal resources, learn new business strategies, meet other business owners, and chat with industry experts. This four-day, action-packed event will include honoring small businesses around the country, educational sessions, online business resources, and exciting speakers.
- Register and see the agenda online.
Subcontracting and Bidding 101
Hosted by Hillsborough County Minority and Small Business Enterprises
- Tuesday, May 3, 2022
- 9:30-10:30 a.m.
- Learn how your qualifying minority/women-owned or small business can identify and connect to business and revenue generating opportunities with Hillsborough County government. This training webinar will cover bidding best practices and may help you gain that competitive edge you've been wanting.
- Register and learn more online.
1 Million Cups Tampa
Hosted by 1 Million Cups Tampa
- Wednesday, May 4, 2022
- 9-10 a.m.
- Entrepreneur Collaborative Center, 2101 E. Palm Ave., Tampa, FL 33605
- Based on the notion that entrepreneurs discover solutions and engage with their communities over a million cups of coffee, the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation developed 1 Million Cups in 2012-a free program designed to educate, engage, and inspire entrepreneurs around the country. 1 Million Cups works with entrepreneurs, empowering them with the tools and resources to break down barriers that stand in the way of starting and growing their businesses.
- This event will be hosted in a hybrid format, both in-person and via Zoom. Due to capacity limits, advance registration for in-person attendance is required.
Construction and Contractor Small Business Loan Conference
Hosted by Florida SBDC at Hillsborough County and Valley Bank
- Thursday, May 5, 2022
- 8:30 a.m. to noon
- Hotel Haya, 1412 E. 7th Ave., Tampa, FL 33605
- No cost, interactive half-day conference for construction/contractor small business owners. Find out how your business can tap into small business loans this year. This event will feature loan professionals representing banks and non-bank lending programs. Learn insider tips on how to qualify for new and existing loan products specifically tailored to construction and contractor small businesses.
- Advanced registration is recommended.
Find more virtual and in-person events on the Business Workshop and Training Calendar.