Hillsborough County Offices and Most Facilities to Close for Thanksgiving Holiday
Hillsborough County offices and facilities will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 24, and Friday, Nov. 25, in observance of the Thanksgiving holiday.
There is no collection of garbage, recyclables, or yard waste on Thanksgiving Day, and all disposal sites will be closed. Normal scheduled pickup for garbage, recyclables, or yard waste will resume on Friday, Nov. 25, and disposal sites will be open regular hours. For customers whose collection day falls on Thursday, normal service will resume on the next scheduled day for pickup of garbage, recyclables, or yard waste.
There are no holiday make-up days for the collection of residential garbage, recycling, or yard waste.
All conservation parks and skate parks will be closed on Thanksgiving Day, except Carrollwood Village Skate Park, will be open from 7 a.m. - 5 p.m. Thursday. All conservation parks and skate parks will be open Friday. All dog parks and splash pads will be open on Thursday and Friday.
CLOSED - Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 24, and Friday, Nov. 25
- The administrative offices of County government
- Hillsborough County's Customer Service Center at (813) 272-5900
- All libraries in the Hillsborough County Public Library Cooperative
- All County recreation centers, including the programs offered at the facilities
- Michael S. Merrill Pet Resource Center (A limited number of Animal Safety and Code Enforcement officers will be on call for emergencies only. Submit a request via the Animal Request button at HCFLGov.net/AtYourService.)
- The Center for Development Services
- The Sunshine Line transportation service
- The Water Resources customer service center in Brandon. Emergency calls regarding County water and wastewater service may be made to (813) 744-5600.
- Emergency Rental Assistance Program Call Center at (866) 375-9114
OPEN - Thursday, Nov. 24
- Carrollwood Village Park
- All splash pads
- All dog parks
OPEN - Friday, Nov. 25
- All conservation parks.
- All skate parks, splash pads, and dog parks
- Hillsborough County solid waste collection services will resume as usual. Also, the Southeast County Landfill, Northwest and South County transfer stations, Resource Recovery Facility, community collection centers, and yard waste processing facilities will reopen with a normal schedule.