Foster a Pet
When you foster an animal, you will take on a pet who is too sick or too young for adoption. When they are old enough, or well enough, you return the animal to the Pet Resource Center, and they are put up for adoption.
- At least 18 years old
- Resident of Hillsborough County
- Have time and transportation to bring the animal to the shelter for scheduled exams or procedures
Things to Consider
- All foster pets are up to date on shots and medical treatments
- Provide love, food, care, exercise, and fun to pets
- Provide a temporary, safe place to live
- Provide an environment where pets can continue to learn from and socialize with people and other animals
- Help pets overcome any health or behavioral issues
- Attend training and/or obedience classes
Email Rescue Pets to schedule an orientation and for further information.
We will forward your application to the Pet Resource Center Foster Coordinator, and they will contact you.