Foster a Pet
- At least 18 years old
- Resident of Hillsborough County
- Have time and transportation to bring the animal to the shelter for scheduled exams or procedures
Things to Consider
- All foster pets are up to date on shots and medical treatments
- Provide love, food, care, exercise, and fun to pets
- Provide a temporary, safe place to live
- Provide an environment where pets can continue to learn from and socialize with people and other animals
- Help pets overcome any health or behavioral issues
- Attend training and/or obedience classes
PRC also needs fosters for pets that are too sick or too young for adoption. If you would like to foster a pet that needs a little extra help, see our Foster Express program.
Email Rescue Pets to schedule an orientation and for further information.
We will forward your application to the Pet Resource Center Foster Coordinator, and they will contact you.