Recently information was shared on social media referencing Hillsborough County Pet Resource Center (PRC) and its partnership with the Humane Society of Tampa Bay (HSTB). The posts shared include misinterpreted information and false imagery inconsistent with PRC's high standards for medical care.
Due to the tremendous animal welfare needs in Hillsborough County, PRC entered into a contractual agreement with HSTB to provide services in the form of taking in stray pets, transferring pets from PRC for rehoming, and pet sterilization for the community cat program (TNVR).
PRC acknowledges that the terms and conditions in the original contract were poorly translated and led to misunderstanding by the public. PRC has taken action to correct those errors.
Services rendered through this contract have helped PRC open up more kennel space for pets in need, including strays, injured or abused pets, and lost pets. The services in this agreement do provide a cost savings to the County, but more importantly cause less stress on the pets served. This agreement has allowed the County to expand services to pets, ultimately giving them the opportunity to find their forever home.
The partnership between PRC and HSTB has been nationally recognized and was awarded the 2016 Alliance for Animal Award by the Best Friends Animal Society.
We invite you to learn the facts and more about your Hillsborough County Pet Resource Center.
Scheduled tours are available by calling: (813) 627-1316
- Memorandum to the Board of County Commissioners from Dexter L Barge, Assistant County Administrator- March 2, 2018
- Memorandum to the Board of County Commissioners from Scott Trebatoski, Director of Pet Resources- June 5, 2018
- Humane Society of Tampa Bay Administrative Renewal for Bid
- Invitation to Bid 6743- Community Cats Spay/Neuter
- Preliminary Bid Tabulation
- Blank Agreement Board Agenda Item Cover Sheet- Second Revision to Blanket Agreement #217206160