All dog-training businesses that conduct dog training within Hillsborough County are required to be licensed to perform dog-training activities.
Things to know
- All new dog-training businesses must be licensed prior to operating in the County.
- All existing dog-training businesses must apply for a license by July 1, 2018. Existing dog-training businesses may continue to operate during the license application process, provided they are operating in accordance with all other provisions of ordinance and any other applicable County ordinance.
- Read the full copy of the Truth in Training Ordinance
$50 application fee.
License valid two years from the submission date of the application.
For payment information, call (813) 276-8450.
Application must be completed, signed, and notarized before being submitted to Animal Control. Failure to supply required information or documents may result in a delay in processing the license request or may result in the rejection of the license application.
If more space is needed to complete the form, please add additional sheets to your form and send in with notarized form.
*Fillable forms may not work with many browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, etc.) - if you have issues with the form, do one of the following:
- Download the form to your computer and open it up with a PDF viewer, such as Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Download the printable version of the form
Mail notarized application:
Hillsborough County Animal Control
ATTN: Truth in Training
2709 E Hanna Ave
Tampa, FL 33610
Proof of submission of the application may be required if requested by an animal control officer or other agent of the County. If the applicant receives notice that the license application has been rejected, the dog-training business must cease providing dog-training services until such time as a license has been approved.