All dog trainers that provide services in Hillsborough County are required to register with Animal Control, according to the Truth-in-Training Ordinance – Article V
Things to know
- No fee is charged for this registration currently.
- All registration forms must be completed, signed, and notarized before being submitted to Animal Control.
If more space is needed to complete the form, please add additional sheets to your form and send in with notarized form.
*Fillable forms may not work with many browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, etc.) - if you have issues with the form, do one of the following:
- Download the form to your computer and open it up with a PDF viewer, such as Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Download the printable version of the form
- Try using the Internet Explorer browser to open the PDF
Mail notarized forms to:
Hillsborough County Animal Control
ATTN: Truth in Training
2709 E Hanna Ave
Tampa, FL 33610
Dog trainers may provide services upon submission of the registration. Proof of registration submission may be required if requested by an animal control officer or other agent of the County. If the applicant receives notice that the registration has been rejected, the dog trainer must cease providing dog-training services until such time a registration has been approved.