File a Complaint Against a Business
Reporting complaints can help get you relief, raise public awareness about issues with a business, settle miscommunications between you and the business, and possibly avoid turning a complaint into a legal matter.
Examples of complaint types:
- Adult Sexually/Oriented Business
- Construction / Contractor
- Fraud Related
- Home Furnishings
- Pain Management Clinics
- Pet Store/Breeder
- Towing Company
- Wage Theft
If your complaint type is not listed on the form, choose the "Other" option.
- Gather all of the information on the company you can, including:
- Company details
- Company representative names
- Method(s) of contact
- Dates and times of contact
- The nature of the complaint
- Amount of money involved (if applicable)
- Products and/or services involved
- Supporting documents
- Complete this online form, or
- Contact Consumer Protection Services by email at Consumers@HCFLGov.net or call (813) 635-8316
- We will contact you as quickly as possible, normally within 3 business days.
- Your complaint will be evaluated and either assigned to a Consumer Protection Investigator or referred to another agency, if that is more appropriate.
- If it is assigned for investigation, we will notify the business about your complaint and will request they respond within 10 business days.
- If their response is not received during that time, we will take additional steps to contact them.
- We attempt to resolve the issue with the participation of all parties.
- After we initiate your complaint, you can expect to receive additional information within 15 business days, based upon the response of the subject of the report.