Following a growing list of concerns, the Hillsborough County Board of Commissioners (BOCC) identified a need to regulate the locksmith industry.Report a Complaint
Locksmith Employee Fingerprint Requirements
We require locksmiths to submit fingerprints of all employees.
Information on employee fingerprint scanning:
- Scanning process available by appointment only
- Email RegComp@HCFLGov.net for an appointment
- No additional charge for fingerprint scanning
- List of Licensed Locksmiths
- Letter to Locksmith Business Owners
- Application Instructions
- Application for Locksmith Services Businesses Fillable | Printable
- Section F - Out of State Employee Address Form
- Employee List Form
For more information email RegComp@HCFLGov.net or call (813) 635-8316 and press 3.Note: Many of the documents that are available on the website are in PDF format.
These files require either Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader to view the contents.