Apply for an Internship
The Hillsborough County Internship Program is designed to give students valuable hands-on-experience in government, and an opportunity to build their professional network.
Applicant must be
- Enrolled in an accredited university or college program at the undergraduate or graduate level; or be a recent college graduate
- Students must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Internship sessions are six to 12 weeks
- Intern hours will vary based upon the department and the interns schedule
- Positions are located throughout Hillsborough County
- Interns can earn college credit
Things To Consider
Hillsborough County is unable to provide or arrange for intern housing. However, once candidates have accepted an internship offer, Hillsborough County is able to offer a small list of housing options.
Public transportation between Hillsborough County and most local areas is available through the Hillsborough County Area Transit bus system. Riders can pay per ride or purchase a 30-day bus pass. Interns are responsible for providing or making arrangements for daily transportation to work.
- Register and complete the application on the Internet-Based Intern Self Service portal
- Attach letter of recommendation from professor
- Be able to pass all required pre-internship screenings
- Agree to follow all County established rules, policies and procedures