Apply to Volunteer with Citizen Corps
Citizen Corps is a grassroots strategy by the Federal Emergency Management Agency to bring together government and community leaders to involve citizens in all-hazards emergency preparedness.
Hillsborough County’s Citizen Corps Council asks you to support our local disaster emergency responders by volunteering and training with our partner and affiliate organizations.
- ARES/RACES: Amateur Radio Emergency Services/Radio Amateur Civil Emergency Services
- Enables licensed amateur radio operators to offer their time, talents, and equipment to assist with public service communications needs
- Fire: Fire Corps
- Enables community members to offer their time and talents to their local fire/EMS department in a non-emergency capacity
- MRC: Medical Reserve Corps
- Be ready and able to bolster local emergency planning and response capabilities
- VCPP: Volunteer Citizen Patrol Program
- Enables community members to offer their time and talents to local law enforcement to assist with non-emergency crime control and prevention
To volunteer with the Citizens Corps, call the department’s liaison, Bill Twaite, (813) 276-8245.