Apply to Volunteer with Parks
Volunteers are always needed in these areas:
- Adopt-A-Spot: Commitment to maintain a park or roadway. Keep Tampa Bay Beautiful manages volunteers for this program.
- Conservation: Assist with habitat restoration, trail blazing, removal of invasive species, and site clean-ups.
- Parks: Opportunities include park maintenance, beautification, interpretive programs, and special projects.
- Recreation: Work with children in out-of-school-time programs, teen programs, senior activities, preschool-age tiny tots, and more.
- Special Events: Help with coastal and river clean-up, family fun days, bike and road races, Scout projects, and the annual Tampa Bay Active Life Games.
- Therapeutic Recreation: Volunteer for HC Adaptive Sports, out-of-school-time programs, the Special Olympics, Camp Sparks Summer Program, and the Bakas Equestrian Center.
Examples of volunteers roles needed:
Conservation and Environmental Lands Management opportunities
- Docents - Provide park visitors with tours, lectures, and general information within the parks' nature centers and museums (i.e., Lettuce Lake Park, Upper Tampa Bay Park, and Veteran's Memorial Park and Museum)
- Interpretive program leaders and assistants - Lead or assist with scheduled interpretive programs and tours
- Ranger Assistants - Assist Park Rangers with general duties-minor maintenance and repairs, painting, park beautification, launching canoes, closing, and opening parks
- Administrative Assistants - Assist office staff with collecting funds and registering patrons for park services such as camping and canoeing. They also help with general office duties -filing paperwork, volunteer coordination, answering phones, etc.
- Gardeners - Assist with maintaining native gardens and other landscapes in the parks
- Coaches - To teach young athletes specific skills for sports in our recreation center based leagues
At this time, there is no availability for court ordered volunteer hours.
Instruction and volunteer applications will be available once the program has resumed.