Apply to Volunteer with Parks
A variety of volunteer opportunities are available through Parks, Recreation & Conservation. Chose from individual, group, and Eagle Scout project volunteer applications in the How To section below.
Volunteers are always needed in these areas:
- Adopt-A-Spot: Commitment to maintain a park or roadway. Keep Tampa Bay Beautiful manages volunteers for this program.
- Conservation: Assist with habitat restoration, trail blazing, removal of invasive species, and site clean-ups.
- Parks: Opportunities include park maintenance, beautification, interpretive programs, and special projects.
- Recreation: Work with children in out-of-school-time programs, teen programs, senior activities, preschool-age tiny tots, and more.
- Special Events: Help with coastal and river clean-up, family fun days, bike and road races, Scout projects, and the annual Tampa Bay Active Life Games.
- Therapeutic Recreation: Volunteer for HC Adaptive Sports, out-of-school-time programs, the Special Olympics, Camp Sparks Summer Program, and the Bakas Equestrian Center.
Examples of volunteers roles needed:
Conservation and Environmental Lands Management opportunities
- Docents - Provide park visitors with tours, lectures, and general information within the parks' nature centers and museums (i.e., Lettuce Lake Park, Upper Tampa Bay Park, and Veteran's Memorial Park and Museum)
- Interpretive program leaders and assistants - Lead or assist with scheduled interpretive programs and tours
- Ranger Assistants - Assist Park Rangers with general duties-minor maintenance and repairs, painting, park beautification, launching canoes, closing, and opening parks
- Administrative Assistants - Assist office staff with collecting funds and registering patrons for park services such as camping and canoeing. They also help with general office duties -filing paperwork, volunteer coordination, answering phones, etc.
- Gardeners - Assist with maintaining native gardens and other landscapes in the parks
- Coaches - To teach young athletes specific skills for sports in our recreation center based leagues
At this time, there is no availability for court ordered volunteer hours.