Apply to Volunteer with Parks
A variety of volunteer opportunities are available through Parks, Recreation & Conservation.
Applicants must be at least 16 years old to volunteer, or be a member of a pre-approved group such as Scouts or 4-H. Volunteers must provide their own transportation.
Volunteers are always needed in these areas:
- Adopt-A-Spot: Commitment to maintain a park or roadway. Keep Tampa Bay Beautiful manages volunteers for this program.
- Conservation: Assist with habitat restoration, trail blazing, removal of invasive species, and site clean-ups.
- Parks: Opportunities include park maintenance, beautification, interpretive programs, and special projects.
- Recreation: Work with children in out-of-school-time programs, teen programs, senior activities, preschool-age tiny tots, and more.
- Special Events: Help with coastal and river clean-up, family fun days, bike and road races, Scout projects, and the annual Tampa Bay Active Life Games.
- Therapeutic Recreation: Volunteer for HC Adaptive Sports, out-of-school-time programs, the Special Olympics, Camp Sparks Summer Program, and the Bakas Equestrian Center.
Instruction and volunteer applications will be available once the program has resumed.