Concerns about Child Care

Before you call in a complaint about a center or family child care home, share your concern with the center director or family child care home provider. Often open, positive communication can resolve a small problem before it becomes a big problem.

Jump to:


How To

If your concerns or complaints are not resolved after talking with the center director or home provider, you may want to contact the Hillsborough County Child Care Licensing Program and file a complaint.

To file a complaint, call (813) 264-3925. You may give your name or file the complaint anonymously.

A licensing inspector will speak with you regarding your complaint. Be as specific as possible, including the date and time of the problem, and the ages of children involved. The inspector will determine if the complaint can be investigated.

What's Next

All complaints will be investigated within 14 days. You may request a call back after the investigation is complete.


(813) 264-3925