Vacate Right-of-Way

As a property owner, you may petition the Board of County Commissioners to vacate the County's (public's) interest in certain property rights, such as rights-of-way, easements, and subdivision plats, in part or in whole.

How It Works

Florida statutes requires the following in order for you to complete the process:

  • Give notice to nearby property owners and your neighbors who share your property lines
  • A review by County user-agencies and private utility providers
  • A public hearing before the Board of County Commissioners

Petition to Vacate


For more information or to request forms call Hillsborough County Facilities Management & Real Estate Services Department at (813) 272-5810.