Five intact household electronic items are accepted along with ancillary equipment such as keyboards and routers each month. The items must not be stripped or missing their housing as the sharp edges and exposed components can cause injuries.
You can take paint and electronics, with the exception of the items listed as not accepted, to eligible Community Collection Centers (CCC) during normal operating times. Paint is also accepted at Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) collection sites, which are operated at various locations, one Saturday per month. Electronics are not accepted at HHW's.
Types of Items accepted at eligible facilities*
- Paint – Latex & Oil based Paint/Stain/Varnish
- Limit: 10 one-gallon containers and 5 five-gallon containers; must be sealed and not leaking
- Computers and components
- Computer Backup Power Supply
- Fax machines
- Laptop computers
- Stereo components
- VCR/DVD players
*This is not a complete list of what is accepted.
Do not throw these items away in your curbside carts. If you have questions, call (813) 272-5680.
Items not accepted
- Commercial waste
- Download a list of disposal contractors that pickup hazardous waste, used oil, electronics and fluorescent lamps for disposal by commercial facilities
- Spray aerosol cans be taken to a Household Hazardous Waste collection for disposal
Where to take paint and electronics
Eligible facilities are listed below:
- Alderman’s Ford Solid Waste Facility
- Hillsborough Heights Solid Waste Facility
- Third Saturday of each month accepts household hazardous waste
- Northwest County Solid Waste Facility
- South County Solid Waste Facility
- Second Saturday of each month accepts household hazardous waste
- Wimauma Solid Waste Facility
What to bring
- Photo ID
- If you have any materials other than paint and/or electronics, you may also need a copy of your tax bill, either printed or on your smartphone or tablet