Hillsborough County residents (including the cities of Tampa, Temple Terrace, and Plant City) can pick up limited quantities of free mulched yard waste at the County’s three Yard and Wood Waste facilities, during normal operating hours.
Mulch is useful for making landscaping attractive, saving water by reducing runoff, and conserving soil moisture. Mulch can also be used to create compost.
Yard waste includes a mix of tree and shrub trimmings, grass clippings, leaves, palm fronds, trees and tree stumps, and other organic yard trimmings generated by residential and commercial customers. The County makes no guarantee on the quality of the mixture. It is the resident’s responsibility to determine if the mixture is fit for the intended use.
- A Photo ID showing residence in Hillsborough County is required
- Residents must check in and out using the facility scale house
- Commercial vehicles are prohibited
- Mulch as is available on a first-come first-serve basis
- Up to 2 cubic yards of mulch per year
- Residents must load their own mulch
- Residents must bring their own shovel or pitchfork, bags, boxes, or buckets
- For pickup truck or trailer loads, be sure to come prepared with a tarp or vehicle cover to keep the mulch load secured, as required by law
Days & Hours
- Monday through Saturday
- 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.